Friday, August 20, 2010

Random

Have you ever just randomly remembered something and can't get it out of your head?

My senior year of high school, I was in my last class of the day when the office called the phone in the room (normally they would just do the intercom thing...) and the teacher asked me to go to the office. I was a little curious, but obviously I went. When I got there, my parents were sitting there and then started flipping out on me, yelling at me and telling me that I knew why, asking why I would do it. I was SO confused, I didn't know why they were there, or what I had done.

Turns out someone had called the school, pretending to be my mom, and asked that I be dismissed early, that she would pick me up in front of the school. The receptionist/secretary recognized that it wasn't my mom, and immediately called my parents. She did not however, bother to write down the number that was on the caller ID...and then she said there was no way she could go back and get that number. Everyone thought that *I* had orchestrated some big plan to get out of school early...seriously? I was such a goodie two shoes...and if I wanted out early, all I'd have had to do was ask my mom, the day before that actually was a school day for me, and not for Mike, so my mom let me stay home too and we went galavanting around Gettysburg... and of course no one believed me when I was clueless as to what had happened. I mean, I left my books and all of my stuff in class when I went to the office, I was obviously not expecting to be leaving the school for any reason or I would have taken my things with me. On top of that, I was supposed to stay after school for an Art Club meeting, and Mike was going to pick me up after (and I had no way to contact him to tell him not to, so he did go and sit in the parking lot for 2 hours after my meeting was supposed to be out, waiting for me, before he just went to my house to see if I was there...and my parents made him leave without seeing me.) I got in SO much trouble, I was grounded, I wasn't allowed to see Mike (and with a new relationship where we were in the phase of spending every possible minute with each other, that was torture! lol)... I begged and pleaded with them to believe me but they didn't. I don't even remember how long it went on...too long since I hadn't done anything wrong.

We still have no idea who called the school and that really bothers me. My mom called around to a bunch of people asking if they knew who called, got nowhere. Why on Earth didn't they just write down the number on the caller ID...? (and really, why couldn't they "go back" and get it after making other calls??)

So I have no idea if it was like some random prank, or something more serious... After hearing from my father this year, I learned that his wife works for the public school system in MD...I wonder if she was able to somehow find my information and called them hoping to be able to pull me out of school that day? Seems unlikely, and really, not nice of me to think that way. Either way, crazy odd and still bothers me to this day who would do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment