Monday, January 28, 2013

Tooth Fairy Magic - Glitter Money


 
The Tooth Fairy has been making quite a few stops at our house lately! 
 
I had seen a fun idea around the web at when a recent tooth was lost, I had to try it!
 
 
I grabbed my can of glitter hairspray (I had purchased for a Fairy Festival, but hey, with two little girls -- who doesn't need glitter hair spray for something now and then?  We use it often, for cheerleading, for Halloween, and just for a little fun!).  I think I got it at Party City. 
 
 
I sprayed the hairspray directly on to a one dollar bill.  I just held it on my hand so I could do both sides at once.  I used my hair dryer on a low setting to quicken the drying process so I could set it down.
 
 
In retrospect, I could have just done one side at a time laying flat on a towel.  But I'm nothing if not impatient!  :) 
 
 
Next, I took some quarters and gave them two coats of glitter nail polish that had a clear base.  I used two different polished just for more glitter/colors. 
 
When my oldest lost her first tooth, my youngest was not yet old enough to understand why the tooth fairy would only leave her sister something, so my oldest suggested that maybe the tooth fairy would leave her something too.  And thus a pattern had begun of the tooth fairy always leaving a little something for the other sibling, even if they hadn't left a tooth out for her. 
 
So, the coins went to my youngest on this particular night, and the dollar went to my oldest who had lost the tooth.  :) 
 

The tooth fairly also leaves "Fairy Money," which is simply the little glass gems used for vase fillers that you can find in bags at any dollar store.  We had gone to a Fairy Festival once and a gorgeous fairy roamed the grounds and gave the children one of these gems when they came to see her.  It was sweet and the kids found it so very magical, that I ran with it. 
 
The tooth fairy also leaves a little trinket (in the photo above, there is a small paper doll magnet set).  I pick up little toys, hair accessories, jewelry randomly for $1 or less and keep it in a box in my closet.  They are used for the tooth fairy, Easter baskets, stocking stuffers, etc.  Very handy for when I don't actually have any dollar bills handy, the tooth fairy always leaves "Fairy Money" but does not always leave glittery human money.  :)
 
Sometimes the tooth fairy leave a tiny note as well, which I also spray with glitter.  :)
 
With the last tooth lost, my daughter even left the tooth fairy a tiny note and picture!  She made it tiny just for the tooth fairy. 
 

Her note translated says "Dear Tooth Fairy, Open this please.  See what is inside."
"This," refers to a little box she uses to put her teeth in so the tooth fairy can always find them.  ;)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment