Friday, July 20, 2012

Gas Points!

Just had to share...

I did some shopping at Giant yesterday, and really focused on the gas deals.

This week, was mostly junk food...which I wasn't crazy about, but I stocked up on candy for Halloween, party favors, and little lunchbox treats, as well as some fruit snacks, and the snack pack cups for lunch boxes and car trips.

I spent right about $83 (also bought milk, several cans of tuna fish, and a pound of cheese, which were not part of the "gas deals," we just decided to make tuna melts for dinner), but I got 3300 gas points.  On 30 gallons of gas, which is the limit, is worth $99! We will be able to fill up our car for very cheap, or free! Woohoo! :o)

This was my husband's total for gas earlier this week, thanks to gas deals I had done earlier in the month.  He didn't realize he could get a whole 30 gallons or he said he would have brought his gas can too, haha...but hey, still, a tank of gas for ONE CENT!



I realize I spent $83 on stuff I probably wouldn't have bought otherwise, but when you get $99 in free gas, and you HAVE to buy gas and spend the money either way, you might as well spend $83 on food to get $99 of gas for free!


8 comments:

  1. Am your latest follower through Bloggy Moms "Follow Me" group. i would love a follow back.
    Iva
    One Chic Mom

    http://fabmom12.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Iva! I'm heading over to check out your blog now. :)

      Delete
  2. this was my exact wordless wednesday post. I saved $90!! we have lots of canned tomatoes in storage..pays to plan and shop!!
    I am your newest follower..pls follow back if you can.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It certainly does! I love Giant's gas deals! :)

      Heading over to your blog now, I'll be sure to follow!

      Delete
  3. That's AMAZING!! I am in awe!! What store do you shop at? I'm stopping by from the Finding Friends Blog Hop and am now a new follower:) Would love for you to stop by Crazy Mama Drama!
    http://crazy-mama-drama.blogspot.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Crazy-Mama-Drama/259491484156846

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Giant! :)

      Thanks for the follow, heading over to your blog now!

      Delete
  4. Found you on bloggy moms. I came over to check out your blog. Love for you to return the follow. Good luck growing your blog ;)

    www.thenaptimereview.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :) Hopping on over to The Naptime Review now, super cute name!

      Delete