Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Teacher's Gift

I just thought I'd share the gift I made for my daughter's teacher last year.  It was so fun to create!  I think I found a tutorial on Pinterest and went from there.  :o)  My daughter's teacher was "Mrs. B." and went with a "Bee" theme, so I ran with that.


I took a clear plastic box that I picked up at the craft store.  I think it was around $2!  I remember using them for beads when I was a kid, and I think my dad probably used them for nails or fishing stuff too, haha.

Anyway, I took some ribbon and tied it around and made a little box.  I found some adorable yellow ribbon that had apples and "School Days" written on it.  I did add some double sided tape to keep it in place.

I used three different pieces of scrapbook paper to layer on the front and get a design I liked.  Glued them in place, and added some cute little scrapbooking stickers I couldn't pass up.  The bee is wooden, and it was already painted and put together.  When I saw it, I knew I had to get it for this!


Inside, I just did the same thing with scrapbook paper, and added some more stickers.  Then I filled it up with erasers, paperclips, staples, mini post its, wet wipes, bandaids, hand sanitizer, chapstick, and gum! 

Her teacher asked me if I was a scrapbooker a couple of times throughout the year.  Sadly, no!  I just like to play with scrapbook paper!  :o)

1 comment: